Thursday, April 30, 2009

For Leslie


#52
I went to the ice show tonight to support my fellow seniors in what is their last show, or last run of an ice show. And it was amazing. I have never seen any of them so happy while skating. They always had smiles on their faces whether they were skating a solo number, skating with a team or leading the little kids in a program they were just beaming. It was fun to watch. Earlier this year they lost a team member to leukemia (I think it was leukemia) and I think that is one of the reasons all the skating has gone so well for them, she is looking out for the team from wherever she is now. Anyway, while this picture may not be the most impressive from the night I thought it was the most fitting. This is the Windjammer team in their final pose of their number. They all have embroidered sunflowers on their dresses in honor of Leslie. (though I don't think you can see that in this picture.) Either way, I took about 500 pictures tonight (and it took about 2 hours to load them on my computer... why it was so slow? I will find that out.) and this ended up being one of my favorite shots.

Congrats skaters.
-L

2 comments:

  1. You have done really nice tributes to your friends in this blog. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures came out really nice. Im very impressed. Ill have to take a look at them on your computer semetime.

    ReplyDelete